Plant decisions should be based on information from the most critical place — the plant floor.
Multitudes of vendors, protocols and models make integration of the plant floor prohibitively expensive and complex. PleXML—the plant integration module from Kors Engineering —resolves this challenge with modular components that fit seamlessly with Plex Online. Together, they allow you to work with hundreds of new and legacy plant floor machines.
With PleXML, business systems and plant systems can be tightly coupled to reduce decision cycle times and increase plant productivity. PleXML is the most efficient and cost‐effective way to communicate between your plant floor and Plex Online, reducing deployment time as much as 80% from traditional HMI/SCADA solutions. This vendor‐independent and open architecture engine is flexible and scalable to meet your immediate and long term plant integration needs. A single PleXML system can seamlessly tie multiple machines together, even from multiple models or vendors, into Plex Online. Operating on your secured network, and managed/grown by your team, PleXML puts you in control.
- Browser based view of the factory floor with no client licensing
- Communication to equipment using built-in OPC client
- Tree based equipment structure – simple expansion to additional equipment using copy/paste
- Packaged, re-usable XML transaction objects make sending data to Plex-Online very simple, with no code
- Graphical development engine (no scripting!) for business logic
- Browser based development system with no client licensing
- Built in security system with configurable abilities per user
- Open API for Developers
- Secure web interface using basic authentication or https
- Powerful HMI platform capable of alarming, trending, reporting, email, LDAP, SNMP, etc.
- Bi-directional communication – operational data can be downloaded to the PLCs as well as being sent to Plex-Online
- Send real-time data to POL without operator intervention
- Much greater resolution and accuracy for machine status means more reliable efficiency calculations
- Historical fault tracking reports for continuous process improvement
- Flexible, expandable – start with a small project to work out the business logic then roll out additional functionality and machines on your own
- Pilot deployment in as little as 2 weeks
- Opens up your plant floor equipment – makes any data available in your PLCs available to your intranet
- No client licensing or limits for accessing/managing the system
- Robust feature set and open development engine means if the function is not there today, it can be created cost effectively
- Web development interface enables remote support by Kors Engineering via your firewall
PleXML & Plex Online:
PleXML is the result of over a decade of a cooperative partnership with Kors Engineering and Plex Systems. Kors Engineering has leveraged its unique and deep plant floor expertise with the lean and enabling functionality of Plex Online. Together they form a seamless solution for integrating the plant floor with Plex Online’s ERP and MES modules. Dynamic and efficient systems enable an enormous range of equipment and systems to be efficiently integrated, saving time and costs. The PleXML system was designed specifically to complement Plex Online, and has proven an effective solution for multiple plant integration projects.
Click to download our
PleXML Handbook (PDF)